Vidinova, Margarita Dr
Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences
Position: Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences
Location: Coleraine campus
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Dr Margarita Vidinova graduated in physics from Sofia State University, Bulgaria in 1972 and completed a Master of Physics degree in 1973. She completed her PhD in the field of Psychophysiology in 1996, in the Department of Physiology of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- 2008 Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, UK
- 2007-2008 Research Fellow, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, UK
- 2000-2007: Research Associate, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, UK
- 1975 -2000: Research Fellow, Department of Physiology, BAN, Sofia,Bulgaria
- 1974-1975 Research Assistant, Institute of Physics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAN), Sofia, Bulgaria
Dr Vidinova is a member of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) and the International Colour Vision Society (ICVS). She is a reviewer for top quality vision journals including Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science and Vision Research.
- Psychophysical study of visual loss in the ageing visual system.
- Psychophysical assessment of the neural changes in the retina, in particular the retinal ganglion cell loss with age and in glaucoma; separating the neural from the pre-retinal factors (lens and macular pigment)
- The effect of the intraocular stray light on visual tests.
- Motion perception and aging under dim illumination conditions
- Esther Coltier, M Phil 2005
- Raymond Beirne, PhD 2005
- Tony Redmond, PhD 2009
Current Research Students
- Padraig Mullholand
- Johann Klein
- Undergraduate teaching: OPT302 Visual Function; supervision of final year Optometry research projects.
- Module co-ordinator: OPT302 Vision Function; OPT504 Optometry Research Project