The following webpages provide information on aspects of vision and visual impairment and also practical strategies and advice on how to encourage your child to wear spectacles.
Common Terms used to describe vision
- Visual Acuity - what do the numbers mean?
- What is Refractive error?
- What is Strabismus/Squint?
- What is Nystagmus?
- What does "Visual field" mean?
- What is Cerebral Visual Impairment or CVI?
- What is Accommodation?
- What is Contrast Sensitivity?
- What does “Crowding” mean?
How to get a Spectacle prescription made up